Pages

Posted on: Thursday 15 May 2014

The Journey so Far

It's May 15th and I'm weighing in at 68.3kg. That's almost 11 stone.

That's shocking considering this time last year I was in the best shape I had ever been in. I strongly believe that beauty comes from the inside but I do also believe in being the best that you can possibly be and right now I'm not. 

My goal is to get down to 62kg through a mixture of yoga, running and a balanced diet. I CAN do this! 

Today was my first proper day back on the mat and although I loved it...it showed me just how backwards I am compared to last year. My flexibility is gone and my upper body strength has taken a running leap off of Dingli Cliffs (that's a Maltese reference right there). I'm not a complete noob when it comes to Yoga, guys. Last February I started practicing with an amazing instructor who is based over here in Malta and I loved it! I was going for 90 minute practices 2/3 times a week for about 6 months as well as running too. It felt great to be so fit and full of energy. Can't wait to get back to that.

For now just being present during my practice was a really awesome feeling. I was so aware of every movement that I took even if it was just by moving my head from looking at my mat to straight ahead.
 ♡
I have a couple of subscriptions with Yoga channels on Youtube. The first is DoYouYoga.com who have a 30 day yoga challenge which I started today and the second is Yoga With Adriene who is just the coolest chick! She really describes the poses in great detail not to mention having a personality which just makes you feel like you're real life buddies. 


Day 1 of the 30 Day Yoga Challenge




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. Comments make me smile!


 photo copyright.jpg