Pages

Posted on: Sunday 22 June 2014

The challenge is almost over

 photo IMG_0833rounded_zps671b077f.png

Happy Sunday! Yes, I am working today and I'm still happy. That's got to say something right? When you've been out of work for almost six months I guess you learn to be grateful.

With just a few more days left of the 30 Day Yoga Challenge I thought I would write a little update on how I'm feeling. When I started this challenge I had been out of any real committed exercise for quite some time. I hadn't practiced yoga since summer 2013 and had kind of lost my way. I was weak and about four kilos heavier than I was last July. It's been a tough month what with starting a new job and having to absorb massive amounts of information, not to mention I've needed to adjust to working shifts so my routine has been a little out of sync so admittedly, I haven't practice yoga every day. But almost.

If anyone reading this is thinking about starting yoga but doesn't know where to begin, then I think this challenge is perfect for everyone. Yes, you'll probably find it tough to begin with and want to stay in Child's Pose for half of the practice sometimes but you'll want to succeed! The practices are less than twenty minutes each and you go as far as you want to. I was incredibly weak at the start of this, particularly in my arms and in this last week I have found myself feeling strong; my planks are much better formed and I don't need to go on my knees to Chaturanga most of the time. This for me is such a big achievement!

I've decided that when I've finished this challenge my next step will be learning how to do the splits. Something I have always wanted to learn! I'm also going to start the 30 Day Yoga Challenge from the beginning again find a new video to follow. I also really want to start running again! Finding time is going to be my issue...I'm a serial procrastinator!

I hope that anyone reading this decides to give this challenge a go. Erin Motz, who presents it seems really lovely and fun! Let me know how you get on if you do :)

Have a great day! xo




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. Comments make me smile!


 photo copyright.jpg